Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekly Music Roundup: Middle Class Rut and Lady Gaga

I'm gonna try to share some music I'm currently obsessed with every week, but it will probably only end up to be every once in a while. For anyone who knows me, music drives me. I love it. It makes me happy and makes me feels alive, so I like to share it.

First up on Music of the Moment: LADY GAGA
Last night I was unexpectedly treated to Lady Gaga's Monster Ball at the Staples Center. First off. I LOVE Lady Gaga. I have liked her since before she was popular (not that it makes anyone less of a fan for discovering her after she became famous, I just want to be clear that I'm not liking her because others do nor do I think it's cool to stop liking an artist because they become popular), so when the opportunity came to get the tickets, I jumped at the opportunity. I am so glad I did. Her show was amazing. She was amazing, and she can sing (for anyone who may doubt that). And she does not lip sync during her performances; a fact she made perfectly clear on a number of occasions. She is a true performer and so entertaining. Also, she has possibly one of the most positive messages I think an artist can have. She constantly thanked her fans (her little monsters) during her performance and gave some pretty motivational speeches as well. All that being said, I don't think I would have ever seen her in concert if it weren't for the fact that someone else bought the tickets. The seats where I sat were face valued at $88 and going for over $150. Sheesh. That's WAY too much for one concert in my opinion. It was a great, great concert, don't get me wrong. It just was not worth that much; I don't think any artist is worth that much. (Yes, not even Muse).


Moving On. Another song I'm absolutely OBSESSED with is New Low by Middle Class Rut.
Seriously, if you have not heard this song, watch the video below. It's amazing. I love everything about it. The lyrics are fantastic and somehow everytime I listen to it, it's uplifting. I feel empowered. I have listened to this song at least 20 times in the past 5 days and I cannot get enough.

Here are the lyrics, in case you're curious.

I have no space, no room to move around
And this box is getting smaller
I'm trying to get out

How did I get so far from where I was?
When did I decide to lose my way?
Who have I become…

I got a new low, all 52 cards in a row
I see now that I won't let go
No I won't let go

Well who am I, a cold shoulder left to cry
You feel bad, well so do I
Yeah so do I

I've been right, I've been left
I've been wrong, I've been left behind
I've been up, but mostly down (x2)

I cannot help feeling like I have so much at stake
So I lock myself inside my head and I just run in place
So many directions I don't know which way to go
I'm so busy doing nothing I got nothing to show

I got a new low, all 52 cards in a row
I see now that I won't let go
No I won't let go

Well who am I, a cold shoulder used to cry
You feel bad, well so do I
Yeah so do I

I've been right, I've been left
I've been wrong, I've been left behind
I've been up, but mostly down (x2)

I make mistakes just like everybody else
But instead of letting go of it, I can't forgive myself
I did my time in a windowless box
Like it or not
All I got now is today
Tomorrow aint here
Yesterday is gone dead on me anyway

I've been right, I've been left
I've been wrong, I've been left behind
I've been up, but mostly down (x4)



So what have you been obsessed with lately? And do you like New Low as much as me? Do share.

No comments: